Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Results from the surgeon by Lacy Chambers

So I made it to the surgeon for my appointment about my aneurysm. While there I found out I actually have 2 aneurysms. One in my brain and one just outside my brain on the same artery adjacent to each other.  The surgeon said that if the aneurysms aren't active then having them is less risky than the surgery but if they are active then the risk of having them is higher than the surgery. So I have to wait 6 months, get re-scanned and then we will know. During that 6 months though I don't know if it's active or not and how high my risk of rupture is. I asked if these could be the cause of my numbness and weakness and left eye dilation. He looked at my neck and found an arterial dissection  (a tear on the arterial wall). Those are very dangerous and knowing that I had one means that a dissecton is most likely the cause of my mystery symptoms. I have since had a test that confirmed that that dissection has healed. But how many have I had? Will I get more and when? This is so scary because having one can easily cause stroke at any point by part of the dissection sluffing off and going to my brain. I could also have an aneurysm burst at any time causing a different type of stroke. I am waiting to get tested for Vascular EDS but my insurance has denied the testing and it is very expensive so my Dr is trying to figure out our next move. Try not to stress my surgeon says, it can make aneurysms worse. Good luck with that. I am trying but it sure isn't easy. Thanks for all of your support and love. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger...or so they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment